exceptions like these pretty much always (in fact always?) indicate a
mismatch between the compilation and runtime environments.  A method
that existed when the code was compiled doesn't exist when the code is
run.

in this case, that method
(ReflectionUtils.makeAccessible(Constructor)) exists in Spring 2.5,
but not in earlier versions.  I don't know precisely when it was
added, but it certainly didn't exist in Spring 2.0.

so, my guess is that you're building your app against spring 2.5 (or
so) but running it against an earlier version.  check for stale spring
libraries in the runtime app server.

On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Rick Mann wrote:

> Serge, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be
> the Mac's fault:
>
> I just checked out the sources and built them on the Solaris machine,
> and I still have issues. Thing is, it's never the same issue. Now
> it's.
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.springframework.util.ReflectionUtils.makeAccessible(Ljava/lang/
> reflect/Constructor;)V
>
> On Jun 23, 2009, at 10:44:21, Serge Knystautas wrote:
>
>> Rick Mann wrote:
>>> I run resin 4.0 on a Mac with Java 6. I build my app here, and
>>> then I
>>> rsync it to resin running on an OpenSolaris machine also running
>>> Java
>>> 6. More often than not, I end up with weird Java link issues, like
>>> NoSuchMethodError or AbstractMethodError.
>>>
>>> I've written about this before but never gotten a reply. This never
>>> happened when I targeted a RedHat 7.2 machine I have, also running a
>>> recent Java (but Resin 3.0.x).
>>
>> I've had this issue with my new Mac...
>>
>> Check where Current and CurrentJDK point to in
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions
>>
>> I've found that Mac Java updates keep pointing back to the 1.5
>> version.
>>
>> --
>> Serge Knystautas
>> Lokitech >> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com