While your argument is perfectly correct, I don't see how that's the  
case here. I build all of the libraries into the webapp WEB-INF/lib  
directory. It is the exact same set of libraries in all environments.

However, you got me to thinking: what if my webapp build is including  
multiple versions of the same classes, and they're loading in  
different orders in resin? Sure enough, I have spring.jar 2.5.6, and  
spring-core.jar 2.0.8, and they overlap. Ant always builds the  
classpath deterministically, but apparently Resin doesn't load  
deterministically (from one installation to the next: OS changes,  
slight resin differences)? I haven't verified this by cleaning up my  
webapp, but it's something to check.

Thanks for the hint!

On Jun 23, 2009, at 11:16:15, Joseph Dane wrote:

> exceptions like these pretty much always (in fact always?) indicate a
> mismatch between the compilation and runtime environments.  A method
> that existed when the code was compiled doesn't exist when the code is
> run.
>
> in this case, that method
> (ReflectionUtils.makeAccessible(Constructor)) exists in Spring 2.5,
> but not in earlier versions.  I don't know precisely when it was
> added, but it certainly didn't exist in Spring 2.0.
>
> so, my guess is that you're building your app against spring 2.5 (or
> so) but running it against an earlier version.  check for stale spring
> libraries in the runtime app server.
>
> On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Rick Mann wrote:
>
>> Serge, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be
>> the Mac's fault:
>>
>> I just checked out the sources and built them on the Solaris machine,
>> and I still have issues. Thing is, it's never the same issue. Now
>> it's.
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> org.springframework.util.ReflectionUtils.makeAccessible(Ljava/lang/
>> reflect/Constructor;)V
>>
>> On Jun 23, 2009, at 10:44:21, Serge Knystautas wrote:
>>
>>> Rick Mann wrote:
>>>> I run resin 4.0 on a Mac with Java 6. I build my app here, and
>>>> then I
>>>> rsync it to resin running on an OpenSolaris machine also running
>>>> Java
>>>> 6. More often than not, I end up with weird Java link issues, like
>>>> NoSuchMethodError or AbstractMethodError.
>>>>
>>>> I've written about this before but never gotten a reply. This never
>>>> happened when I targeted a RedHat 7.2 machine I have, also  
>>>> running a
>>>> recent Java (but Resin 3.0.x).
>>>
>>> I've had this issue with my new Mac...
>>>
>>> Check where Current and CurrentJDK point to in
>>> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions
>>>
>>> I've found that Mac Java updates keep pointing back to the 1.5
>>> version.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Serge Knystautas
>>> Lokitech >> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com
>>> p. 301.656.5501
>>> e. ser...@lokitech.com
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> resin-interest mailing list
>>> resin-interest@caucho.com
>>> http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> resin-interest mailing list
>> resin-interest@caucho.com
>> http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest
>
> -- 
>
> joe
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> resin-interest mailing list
> resin-interest@caucho.com
> http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest



_______________________________________________
resin-interest mailing list
resin-interest@caucho.com
http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest

Reply via email to