On Oct 22, 2009, at 6:33 AM, Knut Forkalsrud wrote:

javac assumes the source file is latin-1 unless anything else is explicitly specified. The easiest way to deal with that is to use unicode escapes in the java source.

Remember, too, that PHP-5 strings are 8-bit by default and Java is 16- bit.

You may want to use unicode-encoding='true' to use 16-bit strings in PHP.

-- Scott

-Knut