2010/3/19 Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 13:41:16, Steffen Busch wrote:
>

> > 2010/3/19 Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>
> > Is there any way to configure Resin to put the WEB-INF/work dir somewhere
> other than under WEB-INF? I'd like to designate a completely separate
> location for all the work dirs Resin creates, that I can delete with a
> single rm -rf, rather than having to visit a bunch of separate webapps.
> >
> > With  Resin 3.1 it was possible:
> > http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/env-tags.xtp#work-dir
> >
> > The documentation of Resin 4 is very strange, I even can't find the
> web-app configuration stuff. So I don't know if the <work-dir> element still
> works.
>
> There are a lot of broken Resin 4 doc links. I'll try that Resin 3 tag.
>
> Hmm. It appears that it's relative to the webapp dir. What I want is to
> say, at the server or resin level, an absolute path to a location, and have
> it then create a series of work directories underneath that, one for each
> app it instantiates.

With Resin 3.1, I would do this:

    <web-app-default>
      <resin:message>MY-DEBUG: work-dir for web-app ${webApp.name} is
${server.root}/work/${webApp.name}</resin:message>
  <work-dir>${resin.root}/work/${webApp.name}</work-dir>

This configures the work-dir for all web-apps to be your resin.root (you
might want to change it to an asolute path you prefer) plus /work plus the
webApp Name.
The <resin:message> element is just to show you the work-dir on startupt.
Please note that the work-dir might be generated only, when the web-app gets
started or accessed. At least it was just seconds ago in my installation.

-- Steffen.