Hi guys,

I built 4.0.5 (and 4.0.4, but it's working better) from the distro using the
old build instructions (build-in-place, so to speak). Do you think that would
make a difference in the functionality I'm currently seeing?

I want to build it into a directory /usr/local/resin/versions/resin-4.0.5, and
then point a symlink to that, and run via the symlink. Will that work? I feel
like in the past, some autoconf-based projects weren't happy if I ran using a
directory path different from the one passed to --prefix.

Also, is there a way to prevent it from installing files into any other
directories but the one I specify with --prefix? I don't want to risk it
overwriting my existing config files.