How have you increased the MaxPermGen of your resin install?
Just ot make sure you have not increased the size of the watchdog
instead of the "real" instance, which happened to me at the beginning :).
Confluence has so many JSPs and other internal classes that it needs
quite a chunk of memory for that.

The node where we are running a JIRA & Confluence instance has these
settings inside resin.xml (Resin 3.1.5 and Confluence 2.8.1 though):

<jvm-arg>-server</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-XX:PermSize=128m</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-XX:MaxPermSize=192m</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Xmx512m</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Xms512m</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Xss1m</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl</jvm-arg>

S!
D.

Rick Mann escribió:
> I'm trying to install Confluence 3.2 on my Resin-4.0.5 setup, and it seems to
> go well until the step where it builds the database. Then it gets PermGen out
> of memory errors. I'm installing the expanded WAR, using a JDBC datasource
> against a MySQL database (everything else runs like this).
>
> I also tried increasing the MaxPermGen to 256 m. No luck.
>
> Any ideas? Has anyone gotten this to work?

Daniel Lopez Janariz (d.lo...@uib.es)
Web Services
Centre for Information and Technology
Balearic Islands University