We are implementing user roles.

Within a user session the roles that apply to them can change during the
session at defined points where they "open" a company file and start
working in the context of a different business. A user may have access
to multiple businesses and their roles may be different in different

Is it possible to get the principal, update the roles, and store the
principal back in the session or wherever it is stored? I am working
with 2.1.17

So far I seem to be able to get the principal and appear to update it,
but the updates do not stick.  What is the trick? When a user logs in
and the principal is initially created where and how is it stored?

Alan Wright
Athene Systems

tel 0845 230 9803

Athene Systems Limited
Registered Office:
Shieling House
Invincible Road
GU14 7QU

Registered in England and Wales No. 3156080