> The driver I am using seems to support this operation, because when using
> org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.SimpleDriverDataSource in uni tests  I am
> able to create the XML object.
>
> How should I handle this issue? Use different DataSource implementation?
> (like commons-dbcp?)
> I'd like to use the one provided by Resin though.

Thanks Marcin,

I filed a bug http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=4092

Using a different DataSource implementation for now is a good option or use the
code below to get to access the underlying connection object as a work around:

  InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
  DataSource ds = (DataSource)context.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/mysql");
  Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
  out.println(((com.caucho.sql.UserConnection)conn).getDriverConnection());

Thanks,

Alex