On Jul 13, 2010, at 16:46 , Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Rob Lockstone wrote:
>> Resin Pro 4.0.8, Windows 2003 Server, JDK 1.6b20
>> Resin appears to have shut itself down without any error messages, just
>> these somewhat cryptic messages in the stdout.log file:
>> [10-07-13 14:56:17.143] {resin-main-link} Resin shutdown from ResinActor
>> [10-07-13 14:56:17.143] {resin-shutdown} ProServer[id=,cluster=app-tier]
>> stopping
>> Anyone see anything like this before?
> That message appears when the watchdog exits without a "stop" command.
> Basically, it's an end of file on the socket connecting the watchdog to
> Resin if the watchdog process dies.
> Does the watchdog log show any reason for it disappearing?

It did not, no. It just had:

ProServer[id=,cluster=] active
JNI: file, nio keepalive (max=8192), socket

The only other possibly odd messages were a bunch (dozens?) of the following,
but they were spread out over several days, so I don't know why they would all
of a sudden cause resin to stop itself:

{http://*:80-1} TcpSocketLink[id=1,]  failed keepalive (select)
{http://*:80-3} TcpSocketLink[id=3,]  failed keepalive (select)

Looking at the code for ResinActor/ResinLink/HmtpLink, the run() method in
HmtpLink could exit on an IOException and not log any details about the cause,
and that would cause Resin to exit without being explicitly told to, no?

>From HmtpLink:

   * Receive messages from the client
  public void run()
    try {
      while (! isClosed() && _in.readPacket(_actorStream)) {
    } catch (IOException e) {
      throw new RuntimeException(e);