Hi Matt,

Try setting your file encoding to UTF-8 (or whatever you intend to use):

<system-property file.encoding="utf-8"/>

On Mac, Java's default file encoding is "MacRoman", which Firefox
doesn't understand.  We have a bug open for this here:

http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=4180

I'm not exactly sure what to do about it, because clearly Mac intends to
use its MacRoman encoding, but Firefox is confused by it.

Best,
Emil