On 03/29/2011 02:41 PM, Rick Mann wrote:
> I just installed 4.0.16 on a new Mac OS X 10.6.7 installation. I don't have
> the old config file for my webapp with me, so I'm trying to re-create it from
> memory. I do have the webapp installation itself, which was working fine on
> my older (4.0.8?) installation.
>
> After getting my data source squared away, I'm running into this in my logs:
>
> [11-03-29 14:36:42.270] {main}
> with name
> 'org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor#0':
> Cannot resolve reference to bean 'transactionManager' while setting bean
> property 'transactionManager'; nested exception is
> with name 'transactionManager' defined in ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/config/springContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
> 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested
> exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
> creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in ServletContext resource
> [/WEB-INF/config/springContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
> exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.getSingleton()Lorg/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder;
>
> Some Googling turned up this bug report:
>
>       http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=4271
>
> Which is apparently fixed.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm still not properly configured, or if I've failed to
> install something into resin's lib that I used to have in place, but I
> thought I'd ask here to see if it was an easily-solved problem.

That looks like a .jar conflict. Can you look in resin/lib,
resin/webapp-jars and your WEB-INF/lib to see if there's a conflict with
the slf4j*.jar?

The slf4j*.jar in resin/webapp-jars is just included for convenience
(for the bean validation jar basically, which is part of the Web
Profile). You can remove it or replace it if there are any conflicts.

-- Scott