Today, I discovered when I stopped and then started resin (4.0.16), I
received a "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException" exception being thrown by
the "com.caucho.loader.DynamicClassLoader.loadClass" when I accessed the
home page of my Web site.  The ClassNotFoundException is caused by resin
trying to load one of our application classes that was stored in the
HTTP session and was persisted.  We have our application classes being
loaded at the host level class loader.  Why is resin trying to load the
class via the EnvironmentClassLoader?  Is this a bug in resin 4.0.16?

We switched from using hessian to java serialization because hessian
serialization was trying to lazy load our hibernate objects that were in
the HTTP session.  I don't know if this makes a difference.

Please help if you can.

The stack trace is below.

> [11-03-30 17:06:10.723] {http://*:8082-16} WARNING
> com.caucho.server.session.SessionImpl
> com.caucho.vfs.IOExceptionWrapper: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.marinersupply.bean.CustomerBean in
> EnvironmentClassLoader[resin-system:]
>                                                at
> com.caucho.vfs.IOExceptionWrapper.create(IOExceptionWrapper.java:64)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.session.SessionImpl.load(SessionImpl.java:706)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.session.SessionImpl.load(SessionImpl.java:642)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.session.SessionManager.createSession(SessionManager.java:1332)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.http.AbstractCauchoRequest.createSession(AbstractCauchoRequest.java:255)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.http.AbstractCauchoRequest.getSession(AbstractCauchoRequest.java:198)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.http.AbstractCauchoRequest.finishRequest(AbstractCauchoRequest.java:613)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.http.HttpServletRequestImpl.finishRequest(HttpServletRequestImpl.java:1961)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.http.AbstractHttpRequest.finishRequest(AbstractHttpRequest.java:1725)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.finishRequest(HttpRequest.java:1268)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:813)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.TcpSocketLink.dispatchRequest(TcpSocketLink.java:730)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.TcpSocketLink.handleRequest(TcpSocketLink.java:689)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.TcpSocketLink.handleRequestsImpl(TcpSocketLink.java:669)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.TcpSocketLink.handleRequests(TcpSocketLink.java:617)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.AcceptTask.doTask(AcceptTask.java:104)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.ConnectionReadTask.runThread(ConnectionReadTask.java:98)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.ConnectionReadTask.run(ConnectionReadTask.java:81)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.network.listen.AcceptTask.run(AcceptTask.java:67)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.env.thread.ResinThread.runTasks(ResinThread.java:164)
>                                                at
> com.caucho.env.thread.ResinThread.run(ResinThread.java:130)
>                                            Caused by:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.marinersupply.bean.CustomerBean
> in EnvironmentClassLoader[resin-system:]
>                                                at
> com.caucho.loader.DynamicClassLoader.loadClass(DynamicClassLoader.java:1382)
>                                                at
> [...]

Keith Fetterman                        Direct: 206-319-9434
Mariner Supply, Inc.                   206-780-5670
http://www.go2marine.com               kfetter...@go2marine.com

http://www.boatersline.com