On 04/13/2011 03:32 PM, Rick Mann wrote:
> I decided to try again to install Confluence under Resin 4.0.6. I see that
> they've dropped support for Resin, which is really too bad, but I figured I'd
> try anyway.
>
> I'm getting this error:
>
> [04-13 15:30:32.675] {http://*:80-2}  WARNING
> (com.caucho.server.webapp.ErrorPageManager)
> jar:file:/export/home/rmann/www/com/latencyzero/confluence/versions/confluence-3.5.1/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/oscore-2.2.7-atlassian-1.jar!/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml:41:
>  'entity' is an unknown property of 'com.caucho.ejb.cfg.EjbEnterpriseBeans'.
>
>                                       39:
>                                       40:<!-- Entity Beans -->
>                                       41:<entity>
>                                       42:<description><![CDATA[Sequence
> Entity EJB implementation.]]></description>
>                                       43:
>

> Does this indicate a problem in Resin?

I'll need to check on this.

Technically, it's not a Resin problem because entity beans are not part
of the JavaEE web profile. Why Confluence is requiring full JavaEE is
something I don't understand. (Or more basically, why it's using entity
beans is a bit of a puzzlement.)

It's possible that their ejb-jar.xml is obsolete and everyone else
ignores it. (The JavaEE servers ignore it because it's an entity bean
that's not used and the servlet engines ignore it because they don't
support ejb.)

-- Scott