From: resin-interest-boun...@caucho.com [resin-interest-boun...@caucho.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Cowan [co...@caucho.com]
Sent: 28 October 2011 19:48
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Deadlock in access log

On Oct 26, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Jens Dueholm Christensen (JEDC) wrote:

We’ve been hit rather badly by errors very similar these:
http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3509 during the last few days where we’ve
had to restart Resin several time a day.

A lot of threads are blocked on the same object at
com.caucho.server.log.AccessLog.log(AccessLog.java:345). I could attach a
stacktrace, but it’s _very_ similar to those in mantis bug #3509.

Our app just stalls on accepting incomming connections while threads and other
services within the VM continue to run just fine.

We are still on Resin Pro 3.1 (somewhere between 3.1.10 and 3.1.11 as we’ve
been using a special build to alliviate another bug that’s not listed in the
3.1.11 changelog) – any chance of a backport of the fixes to the 3.1 branch and
a new version – or just a nightly build with the fix?

Hi Jens,

We're generally only fixing critical bugs in Resin 3.1 branch, but I've created
a backport request for bug 3509 for tracking purposes.

Please monitor the issue.  If we won't fix it we'll mark it as such.

Jens Dueholm Christensen
Survey IT

resin-interest mailing list

Paul Cowan, Software Engineer