On 11/21/2011 04:25 AM, Aaron Freeman wrote:

With the latest resin-pro-4.0.23 plugin we are now getting an error when trying to start multiple instances of Resin within a single Eclipse environment:

_java.sql.SQLException_: CREATE for path 'C:\opt\project\ext\resin-pro-4.0.23\resin-data\default\tmp\temp_file' failed, because the file already exists. CREATE can not override an existing table.

We were able to get around the issue by adding a --data-directory argument to the Resin plugin's "Program arguments" section, but why do we have to do that suddenly?

What is the best practice for starting multiple VMs? Is there some setting we can use to get it to use WEB-INF (not sure that is a good idea), or ${resin.root}/${server}/tmp or something?

Any other options that would be better than having to explicitly add that extra program argument with a hardcoded path?

If your servers have different server-id's that conflict won't happen.

What's happening is that you're starting two servers with the same name (but different ports I assume?) and in the same directory.

I'll add this as a bug report because the Eclipse plugin should be upgraded to somehow handle that automatically.

-- Scott

Thanks,

-a