After more trial and error I was able to replace the <resin:Forward> with
<path-mapping> and get the workaround working, but we still have to log in

Any thoughts on what I might be missing for single sign-on to work?

[] On Behalf Of Aaron Freeman
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 12:19 AM
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: [Resin-interest] Single Signon Questions

Using Resin 4.0.23 we are trying to get single sign-on working per this

I have placed the resin:XmlAuthenticator at the host level.  Per the
example.  Also tried this at both the host and cluster level:

      <resin:FormLogin form-login-page="/login.jsp"/>

      <session-config reuse-session-id='true' enable-cookies='true'
enable-url-rewriting='false' cookie-domain=''/>

We are able to log into:

<web-app id="/" .>

But when we go to the next webapp which is defined as:

<web-app id="/birt" .>

It doesn't see that we are logged in and tries to send us to /birt/login.jsp
which obviously doesn't exist.  I have tried putting in resin:Forward to
redirect to absolute-target="/login.jsp", but it appears the internal
redirect from j_security_check doesn't "honor" resin:Forward rules.

I don't believe it should be redirecting in the first place though, if
single signon works.

Any hints at what I am missing to get single signon working, or if it's not
possible a work around to the fact that the /birt webapp is trying to call
/birt/login.jsp instead of /login.jsp as defined in resin:FormLogin?