I think I answered my own question. At least, I was able to put in explicit
mappings for *.css and the rest to point to resin-file. I did this in web.xml,
which I don't like because it exposes knowledge of the servlet container to my
app, but it'll do for now. The alternative is to put it in resin.xml, which
then means the servlet container has to be specifically configured to allow my
app to work. It's hard to keep the two independent.

Still working on mapping /.

--
Rick