I'm trying to serve everything UTF-8. To this end, I wrote a request filter
that sets the input and output encodings to UTF-8, and I've used that
successfully in the past. I've been able to avoid putting a page encoding
directive in each page.
With resin 4.0.30, I'm seeing something odd. I only get the right behavior if
the JSP page as an extra <%@ page %> at the top somewhere. The actual directive
inside doesn't seem to matter. I had an import directive, but tried it without
one and still got the right behavior.
I also have, before that, at <%@ include directive, which must also be present.
It includes the following:
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>
Without that, the resulting encoding isn't correct, either.
What's odd is the empty page directive required to make it work.
resin-interest mailing list