On Aug 28, 2012, at 13:55 , Aaron Freeman <aaron.free...@layerz.com> wrote:

> We had that issue when using jsp:include (jsp:include content wouldn't get
> UTF-8 encoded), but switching it out for c:import worked.  Not sure if this
> applies in your case, but if the copyright is jsp:include'd you might try to
> c:import and see if you get different results.  No matter what you did in
> the highest level JSP (the controller if you will) it didn't encode stuff
> brought in via the jsp:include.  I thought that had been fixed at one point,
> but possibly not.

I originally did NOT use jsp:include, just had the markup right there in the
page. The only thing I did was include (using <%@ page include>) was a prefix
file that included a few tag libraries, and set the content type of the page.
(As I understand it, you have to set the content type of all the pages, even
jsp:include ones.)

In any case, I tried reverting to that same arrangement, and could no longer
reproduce the problem. But I've experimented with so many ways of setting the
encoding, I'm sure I didn't get back to exactly where I was (where an empty <%@
page%> directive would make the difference).

> Aaron

Rick