From: resin-interest-boun...@caucho.com
[mailto:resin-interest-boun...@caucho.com] On Behalf Of Scott Ferguson

 > Well, remember that the watchdog itself doesn't normally shutdown Resin on
 > errors. Resin exits itself and the watchdog just starts a new instance.
 > (Resin 4.0 communicates the reason better to the watchdog through exit
 > codes.)

 > So the problem is in the Resin instance itself.

 > Are there hs_err* files or something similar?

No, not from this particular incident, but we have an older hr_err-file and an
old watchdog-log that does show a restart around the same time as the hs_err
file was created.

*Eeeek* (the same sound a small animal that's about to get squished makes!) -
Seems the JVM crashed at that time due to:

# Problematic frame:
# C  [libawt.so+0x6f881]  IntRgbSrcMaskFill+0x1b1

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
sun.java2d.loops.MaskFill.MaskFill(Lsun/java2d/SunGraphics2D;Lsun/java2d/SurfaceData;Ljava/awt/Composite;IIII[BII)V
sun.java2d.pipe.TextRenderer.drawGlyphList(Lsun/java2d/SunGraphics2D;Lsun/font/GlyphList;)V
sun.java2d.pipe.GlyphListPipe.drawString(Lsun/java2d/SunGraphics2D;Ljava/lang/String;DD)V
J  sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawString(Ljava/lang/String;FF)V
org.jfree.text.TextLine.draw(Ljava/awt/Graphics2D;FFLorg/jfree/ui/TextAnchor;FFD)V

This app creates thousands upon thousands of PDF reports with jFreeChart every
day..

We'll have to dig into this - thanks Scott.

Regards,
Jens Dueholm Christensen
Survey IT