On 2/13/13 8:11 AM, Olaf Krische wrote:
> Hello again,
>

> app-0$ ./resinctl disable -server app-0

This is a case where Resin's load balancer is more capable than
mod_caucho (we have some open bugs to upgrade it.)

mod_caucho primarily handles connection failures. It's not aware of 503's.

> app-0$ ./resinctl web-app-stop myapp

Currently, neither load balancer is precise enough to handle per-web-app
disables (again, an open bug, although it might require Resin 7 for that
enhancement because we're revamping the load balancing.)

> app-0$ ./resinctl stop

This should work with mod_caucho.

> Finally a change:
>
> - apache's /caucho-status: app-0 is getting red. Juhu.
>
> But still:
>
> - apache's access.log is full with "503" (why oh why its not going to app-1,
> because)
> - app-1 almost gets almost gets no traffic.

We'll need to check on this. With the backend stopped, mod_caucho should
failover to the existing servers.

If you're using the pre-fork model, though, it may take a number of
requests before the Apache processes become aware of the closed server,
because each process is independent.

-- Scott