I'm refactoring my url requests processing and need some advice. I've
learnt mostly by myself, and I'm not sure to make the good choices.

Presently my request processing is a mixing of servlet configurations like :

<servlet-mapping url-pattern="*.jsp" servlet-name="resin-jsp"/>
<servlet-mapping url-pattern="/fr/*" servlet-name="urlmanager"/>

and some java code in UrlManager.java servlet, analysing the url
request, processing the request, and calling at the end :

When I call req.getRequestDispatcher("/page.jsp").forward(req,res); this
goes through a certain process depending on resin.xml conf (first line
above), analysing the pseudo-request "/page.jsp", and finally calling
service() of the instance of com.caucho.jsp.JspServlet created by resin.
I was wondering how to call directly the JspServlet instance myself ? It
would be much quicker because I know this is a jsp page (systematic
final step of the processing).

What I would like is having a better control on requests, by gathering
all the processing in one point, not half configuration, half java code.
My solution would be to have all requests handled by my unique
urlmanager servlet, and I would dispatch them myself with built-in resin
servlets. Any suggestion will be appreciated, as long as performance is
"very" good.

I must say I'm a bit afraid of these big frameworks like spring/struts
that brings many features that already exists in Resin, like
persistency, tag library, dependency injection etc. One of the reason I
like resin, apart from performances, is that there is everything in it.

Thanks for your help.

Riccardo Cohen
+33 (0)6 09 83 64 49
Société Realty-Property.com