Hello, We are developing a JAX-RS based servlet using RestEasy. One of the
platforms the client software is intended to run on is Android. So far we have
been using the RestEasy Client Proxy Framework with success on other client
platforms, but on Android we get the exception stack below. I am assuming the
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl" error
is because the META-INF/services/javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate in
resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.2.GA.jar is not processed by the Android runtime for some
reason. I would like to ask if there are any workarounds we can use on the
Android platform or if there's a way that the client framework can be obtained
separately without such dependencies. Thanks in advance for your attention.
TE java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity
ComponentInfo{com.example.resteasyclienttest/com.example.resteasyclienttest.ResteasyClientTestActivity}:
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1647)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1663)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:117)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:931)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3683)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:839)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.findDelegate(RuntimeDelegate.java:134)
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.getInstance(RuntimeDelegate.java:96)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.getInstance(ResteasyProviderFactory.java:351)
    at
com.example.resteasyclienttest.ResteasyClientTestActivity.onCreate(ResteasyClientTestActivity.java:29)
    at
android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
    at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1611)
    ... 11 more
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:77)
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:201)
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.findDelegate(RuntimeDelegate.java:113)
    ... 16 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    ... 22 more
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl in loader
dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/data/app/com.example.resteasyclienttest-1.apk]
    at dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.findClass(PathClassLoader.java:240)
    ... 22 more