From: T E [mailto:alok...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 04 Eyl├╝l 2011 Pazar 21:05
To: resteasy-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Using RestEasy Client Proxy Framework on Android

Hello,

We are developing a JAX-RS based servlet using RestEasy. One of the
platforms the client software is intended to run on is Android. So far we
have been using the RestEasy Client Proxy Framework with success on other
client platforms, but on Android we get the exception stack below.

I am assuming the "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl" error is because the
META-INF/services/javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate in
resteasy-jaxrs-2.2.2.GA.jar is not processed by the Android runtime for some
reason. I would like to ask if there are any workarounds we can use on the
Android platform or if there's a way that the client framework can be
obtained separately without such dependencies.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

TE

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity
ComponentInfo{com.example.resteasyclienttest/com.example.resteasyclienttest.
ResteasyClientTestActivity}: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1647)
    at
android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1663)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:117)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:931)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3683)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:8
39)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:597)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    at
javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.findDelegate(RuntimeDelegate.java:134)
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.getInstance(RuntimeDelegate.java:96)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyProviderFactory.getInstance(ResteasyProviderF
actory.java:351)
    at
com.example.resteasyclienttest.ResteasyClientTestActivity.onCreate(ResteasyC
lientTestActivity.java:29)
    at
android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
    at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1611)
    ... 11 more
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:77)
    at javax.ws.rs.ext.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:201)
    at
javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate.findDelegate(RuntimeDelegate.java:113)
    ... 16 more
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl
    ... 22 more
com.sun.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegateImpl in loader
dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/data/app/com.example.resteasyclienttest-1.apk
]
    at dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.findClass(PathClassLoader.java:240)
    ... 22 more