Hi,

I originally sent the very same message with attachment, but the text was
not visible in mail listings ... so I am resending it. You can still get
the attachment that I am referring to from the original message. Now, the
problem.

I set up an RestEasy (2.3.1.GA) app that used ResteasyBootstrap listener to
load my JAXS resources automatically when war is deployed. However, after
war was loaded by server (JBoss AS 7.1.0) the URI of the service is not
available. There is no information that any of the JAX-RS resources was
loaded.

When I tried to add resteasy.scan context parameter, the log said that
1. this parameter is not necessary and will be ignored because runtime
shall scan for resources anyway
2. container threw exceptions complaining that public constructor for
org.jboss.resteasy.core.AsynchronousDispatcher does not exist.

16:24:58,234 WARN [org.jboss.jaxrs] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS011204:
resteasy.scan found and ignored in web.xml. This is not necessary, as
Resteasy will use the container integration in the JAX-RS 1.1 specification
in section 2.3.2
16:24:58,265 ERROR
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/rest]]
(MSC service thread 1-4) Exception sending context initialized event to
listener instance of class
org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ResteasyBootstrap:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find a public constructor for class
org.jboss.resteasy.core.AsynchronousDispatcher

Also, I tried to deploy the application to JBoss AS 6.1.0 and - with the
reseasy.scan parameter it worked fine - everything deployed, service
available - without that parameter the URI was not available You can check
the application in the attached archive. Just build it with Maven. The URI
that shall provide service is the http://localhost:8080/rest/service/s

br, Martin