Hi guys,

I'm working on an implementation of the S-RAMP specification, which includes a atom binding part. For one of the requirements I need to create a servicedocument containing WorkSpaces. Neither Service nor WorkSpace seems to be implemented in RESTEasy. I guess I can go one of two routes.

1. extend the current RESTEasy atom implementation.
2. use the abdera provider.

I tried 2 by first trying the abdera example but got stuck not really understanding how to get a hold of the dispatcher when deployed to tomcat (and not the embedded container) to do

dispatcher.getProviderFactory().registerProvider(AbderaFeedProvider.class);
dispatcher.getProviderFactory().registerProvider(AbderaEntryProvider.class);

without it I get:

SEVERE: Failed executing GET /s-ramp/feed
org.jboss.resteasy.core.NoMessageBodyWriterFoundFailure: Could not find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type: org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMFeed of media type: application/atom+xml at org.jboss.resteasy.core.ServerResponse.writeTo(ServerResponse.java:216) at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.writeJaxrsResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:579) at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:500) at org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:119) at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher.service(ServletContainerDispatcher.java:208) at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:55) at org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:50)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:394) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Also I noticed that the abdera provider module has not been released since 2.2.3.GA.

So my questions are:

1. Is the Abdera module being deprecated?
2. Should I use the Abdera provider modele for this (and figure out how to get passed the exception above), or should I extend the 'native' RESTEasy atom implementation. 3. What would it involve to extend RESTEasy to make Service and WorkSpace work?

Thanks,

--Kurt