Hi all,

I was hoping someone would be able to help with an issue I'm having setting up
an embedded NettyJaxrsServer (for the purpose of testing).

Basically, I'm trying to write integration tests for a fairly simple REST
service implemented using RESTeasy 2.3.5.  Testing using JUnit and REST-assured.

Spawning up my service on JBoss and testing against the URL works fine, however
I'd like to use an embedded server so the tests can be automated into the CI
build.

I initially started trying to use a TJWSEmbeddedJaxrsServer, however I
encountered insurmountable (for me) difficulties related to security.  My REST
service is simple, however, the request sends a security token inside a cookie,
which my server authorises against another service over https.  There is a
truststore involved aswell, and basically I couldn't get past SSL related code
explosions... probably related to the following snippet from the RESTEasy user
guide:

http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/2.3.5.Final/userguide/html/RESTEasy_Embedded_Container.html#d4e1366
"The server can either host non-encrypted or SSL based resources, but not both."

So, I tried my hand at using the NettyJaxrsServer.  I was expecting more of the
same, but lo and behold, no SSL issues.  Sadly, life is not that kind, and my
next stumbling block (and finally getting to the point of this email) is that
the cookie in the request is not getting injected into my GET method:

@GET()
@Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
@Path("data")
public Response getData(@CookieParam(COOKIE_PARAMETER_NAME) String
securityToken) { ... }

Example REST-assured request:

given().cookie(securityToken).get(serviceUrl).prettyPrint();

This works fine using the TJWSEmbeddedJaxrsServer, and when hosted on JBoss,
however when using the NettyJaxrsServer, securityToken is null (it is
definitely present in the request).

Does the NettyJaxrsServer not understand @CookieParam, or am I doing something
wrong or not doing something I should?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. The
Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. is authorised and regulated by the
De Nederlandsche Bank and has its seat at Amsterdam, the
Netherlands, and is registered in the Commercial Register under
number 33002587. Registered Office: Gustav Mahlerlaan 350,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. and
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc are authorised to act as agent for each
other in certain jurisdictions.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please
return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the
message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily
secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and The Royal Bank of Scotland
N.V. including its affiliates ("RBS group") does not accept responsibility
for changes made to this message after it was sent. For the protection
of RBS group and its clients and customers, and in compliance with
regulatory requirements, the contents of both incoming and outgoing
e-mail communications, which could include proprietary information and
Non-Public Personal Information, may be read by authorised persons
within RBS group other than the intended recipient(s).

viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward
transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will
not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted
by the RBS group in this regard and the recipient should carry out such
virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

Visit our website at www.rbs.com