I have a strange issue that I can't get a handle on.  A case of "It works
on my machine" that's driving me crazy.  I have  implemented a subclass
of org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.providers.jackson.ResteasyJacksonProvider,
annotated the class with and ensured that the
fully qualified class name exists in

If I deploy it as a war in jetty 8.1.10 on my machine, the custom providers
are used  to serialize  a joda DateTime object.  On my server running the
same version of jetty or  tomcat 7.0.40, the providers are not used and
toString() on the object is used instead.   I am using OpenJDK 1.7.0_21(64
bit) on both machines, but have also tried Oracle java 1.7.0_21  on the

I am at a loss as to how to debug why it isn't running properly in
Philip A. Chapman
Java Software Development
Enterprise, Web, and Desktop