JAX-RS is a stream, BIO, framework , so it is still using java.io.*.
Can't get around this.  Its a buffer exchange between Netty and
Resteasy.  Kristoffer just implemented Netty 4 support.  He also
implemented support for JAX-RS 2.0 async APIs too.  The problem is
though, even with those async apis, you're still doing streams and BIO.