Hi,

We have a lazy loaded list in a JAXB (XJC created) DTO such that the list only
gets created when the 'get' method is called.

If nothing is added to the list then the member variable will be null.

With the 2.3.2 jackson-provider, null lists were returned as an empty array [].
With the 3.0.3 jackson-provider null lists are returned as null.

As an example using the following as source

<assignedUsers/>

Converted in  2.3.2

    "assignedUsers": {
        "user": []
    },

Converted in  3.0.3

    "assignedUsers": {
        "user": null
    },

If possible we would like to maintain the old interface behaviour. Any ideas?

Thanks Mark

________________________________

The information contained in this email may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action on the contents of this information
may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please delete it
from your system and notify us immediately. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise.
IDBS takes no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred
by way of this email and recommends that you subject any incoming E-mail to
your own virus checking procedures. We may monitor all E-mail communication
through our networks. If you contact us by E-mail, we may store your name and
address to facilitate communication.