I have a (Groovy) resteasy resource like:

    @POST
    @Consumes(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
    @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
    def create(CustomerRequestBody body) {
        def customer = new Customer()
        bindData(customer, body)
        def violations = validate(customer)
        if (violations) {
            return
Response.status(BAD_REQUEST).entity(toJSONArray(violations)).build()
        } else {
            customer.save()
            return
Response.status(OK).entity(toJSONObject(customer)).build()
        }
    }

The resource only accepts json requests.
The CustomerRequestBody is a simple POJO (or POGO in my case).

When I post a empty response to the this resource (even with content type
set to json) I would expect a 415 unsupported media type.

However the actual is that the request ends up in the resource but the
CustomerRequestBody body variable is null.

What is the best way to globally disallow the payload to be empty and
return a 415?
Note that sending {} to the resource works as expected and the
CustomerRequestBody body variable is not empty; only it's properties are
empty as expected.

Cheers,
Marcel