Hi all,

I'm not sure whether my configuration is incorrect, whether it's working
the way it should or whether I've run into a bug.

I would like to do the following in my REST interface:

1. Receive a request
2. Start a different thread to immediately send a response back
3. Continue processing the request (using, among other things
CDI-injected resources[1]).

I expected 2. to immediately send a response back, but it waits for 3 to
complete. :(

I've put together a small github arquillian project with a test that
shows this (https://github.com/mrietveld/resteasy-async-comet/).

I've added the <async-supported>true</async-supported> option to my
web.xml
(https://github.com/mrietveld/resteasy-async-comet/blob/master/src/test/resources/WEB-INF/web.xml#L19)

-- is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance,
Marco Rietveld

[1] The reason that I mention the CDI injected resources necessary for
processing my request, is that I can't use the asynchronous job service
(https://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/2.3.6.Final/userguide/html/async_job_service.html)

to do this because of RESTEASY-236.