From: "Ron Sigal" <rsi...@redhat.com>
To: resteasy-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: 5/11/2015 8:53:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Resteasy-users] Client proxy issue deserializing
Response.Status

Hi Guy,

Maybe there's a problem with the media type produced by your resource
method.

The attached TestResponseStatus works for me. However, when I comment
out the @Produces annotation:

   @Path("/")
   public static class TestResourceImpl
   {
      @POST
      @Path("post")
//      @Produces("text/plain")
      public Response.Status post()
      {
         return Response.Status.OK;
      }
   }

I get

SEVERE: Failed executing POST /post
org.jboss.resteasy.core.NoMessageBodyWriterFoundFailure: Could not
find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type:
javax.ws.rs.core.Response$Status of media type:
application/octet-stream
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.core.ServerResponseWriter.writeNomapResponse(ServerResponseWriter.java:67)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.writeResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:427)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:376)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:179)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher.service(ServletContainerDispatcher.java:220)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:56)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.tjws.TJWSServletDispatcher.service(TJWSServletDispatcher.java:40)
    at
org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:51)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    at Acme.Serve.Serve$ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:2331)
    at Acme.Serve.Serve$ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:2285)
    at Acme.Serve.Serve$ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:2057)
    at Acme.Utils$ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(Utils.java:1402)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

status: Internal Server Error

Is that what you are seeing?

-Ron