Hello @Alexey and @Alberto,

@Alexey I am very sorry that I didn't answer you any sooner. I had actually
seen your e-mail a long time ago, but some projects have kept me quite busy
(and I have never found a proper solution to our problem).

@Alberto Great finding!

Basically, I decided to forget about automatic Atom links injection because
the feature didn't seem to be supported well enough. Furthermore, when I
was keeping an eye on JEE 8 and the JSR-370 mailing lists, a few posts from
Bill Burke (RESTEasy's lead developer) seemed to corroborate my impression
that this feature simply got accepted into the codebase but doesn't receive
any "official" attention at all. Therefore, it felt safer to abandon the
whole thing altogether in my projects.

These are the links to the pertinent messages from Bill Burke that I
remember:

https://java.net/projects/jax-rs-spec/lists/jsr370-experts/archive/2014-12/message/72

https://java.net/projects/jax-rs-spec/lists/jsr370-experts/archive/2014-12/message/88

Additionally, if any of you are interested in alternative approaches that
use Jackson as a provider, I suggest you to check out Katharsis:

http://katharsis.io/

The main problem is that its approach and support is limited to the
JSON:API standard (http://jsonapi.org). If you want something simpler
(based on HAL), these could prove to be somewhat interesting:

https://github.com/RestExpress/HyperExpress

http://www.gotohal.net/

I hope that at least some of this information can be useful to any of you.

Respectfully yours,

Danilo Cominotti Marques