NOTE:This is not a SPAM; you are receiving this email as you have opted to
subscribe to this mailing list.If you no longer wish to receive this email,
please contact the moderator of the group, email address for which is given
at the bottom of this email.
*Hi :Hope you are doing good. Please review the below requirement & let me
have your updated resume if you are comfortable. Please reply me ASAP as
its an urgent requirement.*
*Please reply to** [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Role:Unix/Web Administrator *
*Location: New York ,NY*
*Duration: 6 months***
* Develops, organizes, manages, and supports web sites and web applications.
This position is 75% hands-on technical work on web applications that reside
on UNIX systems. The other 25% is project management.
* Candidate should have experience with a variety of java web applications
including development lifecycle, configuration management, deployment of new
versions of web applications, implementation planning, troubleshooting,
monitoring, and support.
* Candidate will work within a 12 member web engineering team, which is a
specialty of system administration, focused on supporting web applications.
* Candidate must have the ability to self-manage time, constraints, in a
rapidly changing technical environment.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities:**
*1. Along with the team, candidate accepts responsibility to help support
approximately 60 production enterprise web applications. The
responsibilities include: on-call support,
troubleshooting, incident notification and resolution, problem management,
and post-mortem root cause identification.
2. Interacts with and coordinates activities of cross-functional teams,
including development, system administration, database administration,
network engineering and production support staff.
3. Provides technical leadership to web application development teams.
4. Helps to develop and document standard operating procedures and best
practices in our technical repository.
5. Has the ability to identify gaps and proactively improve system service
**Technical Requirements of the position:**
*1. Must be able to work 95% of the time on the UNIX / Linux command line.
2. Working knowledge of the following Protocols and Standards: HTTP, SSL,
CGI, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, cookies.
3. Significant experience supporting the technical components used in
enterprise internet applications.
4. Strong problem-solving and analysis skills are required.
5. Ability to analyze a problem at a system level and determine the root
cause at a technical [detail] level.
6. Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly to solve technical
7. Ability to interact with non-technical colleagues and communicate issues
in layman's terms.
8. Ability to document procedures for use by other engineers.
*Technologies used in this position:**
** UNIX command line
* Veritas foundation suite, clustered file systems
* EMC server side SAN drivers ECC, Powerpath,
* Apache web server 2.x
* BEA Web Logic Application Server 8.x, 9.x
* perl scripting
* UNIX shell scripting
* Solaris 2.8/2.9/10
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3/4/5
* SNMP for java application server monitoring
* Mercury SiteScope
|| Phone: 916 978 1057 Ext:302 || Efax: 603 719 0999 || Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] || Website: www.vibhainc.com ||
Note: This email is not intended to be a solicitation. Please accept our
apologies and reply in the subject heading with REMOVE to be removed from
our Mailing list.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to Resumes@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Resumes