JOB TITLE Strong Systems Architect with experience COBOL to J2EE
Required Technical and Business Skills Project: Overview:
Senior resource will join existing team of BAs and PM and research, plan and
recommend software and system choices to meet the business requirements.
Requirements will be translated into the System Design plan (including Gap
Analysis and Future State).
***Must have Conversion/Re-Write experience from COBOL top Java J2EE
Functional Requirements (MUST HAVE ALL OF THESE):
1. System conversion experience including mapping / 'as is' and 'to be' /
2. Large, complex project experience
3. Banking experience is strongly preferred
4. Brings a strategic 'big picture' analytical approach
5. Facilitation, negotiation, excellent communicator
6. Application re-writes and conversions .
Technical Environment skills (MUST HAVE ALL OF THESE):
1. Experience of rewrites to Java/J2EE Technologies
2. Ability to interpret and produce UML diagrams (sequence diagrams, use
case diagrams, business canonical model diagrams)
3. Ability to interpret Data Base Model diagrams.
4. Fluency in SQL
5. Able to work with XML and WSDL and understands their use in Web Services
6. Current (has done this in the last few years) skills producing design
specifications for COBOL and CICS based mainframe systems
7. Expertise in departmental Microsoft Tools (MS-Access/Forms and Excel)
8. Able to design balance and control mechanisms for data conversions across
distributed and mainframe platforms.
9. Experience with BPM (Business Process/Workflow Management)
10. At ease meeting with mid-level Line of Business Executives, J2EE
developers and Mainframe developers
The Candidate NEEDS TO VERY COMPETENT AT PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING:
1. Will be a strategic thinker. Able to take tactical information from
multiple sources and apply it to a strategic direction.
2. Will also need to take a large project and be able to help the team break
it into logical parts for deployment in phases
3. Must be able to do GAP analysis and evaluate current and future states
4. Must be able to develop systems designs and specs.
5. Must be a driver
6. Must be proactive team player
7. Must be a good facilitator/negotiator.
Preferred Skills: Would differentiate our candidates Additional
skills that will differentiate our candidate:
Candidate with Agile experience would be VERY helpful
START DATE 9/22
# of POSITIONS 1
DURATION 7 months: September 2008 - March 2009
LOCATION Strongsville, OH - suburb of Cleveland
Thanks & Regards,
Sameer | Recruiter | 347-414-9685
Work E-mail ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo messenger ID: sameer_sinha7
***Join Me: http://groups.google.co.in/group/SAMSin?hl=en
Catch me on : www.myspace.com/sameersinha
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at