Hello friends am looking for the – DB2 DBA
Data Engineering is responsible for DB2 and SQL databases. The SR. Database
Administrator plays a significant role in enhancing data integrity, database
recoverability, system availability, customer service, and cost reductions.
This position will be working in a corporate environment of 1,300 employees
and over 140 Information Technology professionals. The position will manage
over 200 DB2 databases.
*Primary Responsibilities *
data integrity by:
(1) Enforcing Corporate security policies,
(2) Implementing and enforce database security precautions,
(3) Implement Data Engineering standards to prevent data corruption, and
(4) Advising development teams on how to avoid data corruption.
· Improve database recoverability by:
(1) Implementing database backup and recovery processes,
(2) Routinely testing database recovery,
(3) Participating in disaster recovery drills,
(4) Follow Data Engineering source control standards.
· Increase database availability by:
(1) Implementing tested and Quality Assurance approved database changes in
(2) Analyzing root causes of production problems and define permanent
(3) Providing the data needed to do capacity planning,
(4) Monitoring databases and tuning to maximize performance,
(5) Advising development teams on how to use databases efficiently.
· Improve customer service by:
(1) Providing consistent high quality core services according to Data
(2) Keeping pace with technology and customer needs, and
(3) Complete projects on-time, within budget, and to the customer's
· Reduce costs by:
(1) Implementing cost reduction actions,
(2) Accurately and timely recording where labor hour were spent,
(3) Focusing on root problem resolution to prevent solving the same problem
over and over again,
(4) Implementing and utilize tools to automate routine tasks,
(5) Monitoring the quality of DBA tasks that have been offloaded to others
other duties assigned by the Data Engineering group.
Technical Knowledge (DB2)
Operating Systems: MVS/TSO
Database Management Products: DB2, version 8 and 9. DB2 LUW
Networking: Windows 2000, TCP/IP
Administration Tools: BMC, CA/Platinum, and/or IBM
Performance Tools: BMC, CA/Platinum, IBM.**
Programming Tools: SQL, ISPF, REXX, CLIST, Cobol, JCL
Office Products: Microsoft Office 2000, Visio**
* PLEASE SEND ME THE RESUMES TO BELOW ID *
Tel: 732 823 6471*103
Fax: 732 438 6973
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*URL: **www.nihaki.com* <http://www.nihaki.com/>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at