*Please send the resume with rate and contact details to *
Title: Business Analyst with Business intelligence
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 6+ Months contract
US Citizen, GC, GC EAD only
The Sr Business Analyst (BA) has the primary responsibility to elicit,
analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the
project stakeholders, including internal and external customers and end
users. The BA serves as the conduit between the business organizations and
the IT teams through which requirements flow. The BA will be assigned to
work primarily with a technical team with an emphasis on front office, back
office or business intelligence systems and their respective business
· Back office processes including Accounting, A/R, A/P, Credit,
HR, Payroll, Finance and their related systems including SAP, Oracle, JD
· Business intelligence and reporting utilizing related data
warehouses such as Business Objects (SAP BO), Business Warehouse (SAP B/W),
· Front office processes focused on client’s building products
and construction systems, operations and sales including CommandAlkon JWS
and CommandSeries, Trimble, Sharepoint, K2 systems
· Work with the product manager or project sponsor to document the
product’s vision and the project’s scope.
· Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user
class characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user
class and negotiate their responsibilities.
· Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis,
requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process
descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis,
competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
· Write requirements specifications according to standard
templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and
· Decompose high-level business and user requirements into
functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of
detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
· Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and
other nonfunctional requirements.
· Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis
models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
· Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that
requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible,
traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to
· Participate in requirements prioritization.
· Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements
documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from
requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were
· Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements. Define requirement
attributes and facilitate their use throughout the project.
· Establish requirements traceability information.
· Develop business cases with detailed financial benefits
(quantitative and qualitative) and costs, calculate ROI, NPV, IRR and
· Establish and implement effective requirements practices,
including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist
with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering
policies, procedures, and tools.
· Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects.
· Identify ways to assist product management in product planning
through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features
Skills and Knowledge
· Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum 6 years of experience in an information technology
· Minimum 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst.
· Extensive experience working in project teams, with ability to
effectively lead project management staff.
· Knowledge of prevalent IT methodologies, management practices,
architectures, system development lifecycles and best practices.
· Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about
their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements
· Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect
what they might be hesitant to say.
· Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information
gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level
information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more
general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the
underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
· Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops.
· Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other
techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
· Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to
customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
· Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information
gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing
· Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve
conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product
management, and engineering).
· Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in
graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language,
including using modeling languages already established in the development
· Financial skills, to develop realistic business cases based on
sound data, estimating techniques and cost / benefit analysis.
· An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation,
analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the
ability to apply them in practice; familiarity with requirements
engineering books and resources.
· An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering
according to several software development life cycles in a team environment.
· Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise
software products are positioned and developed.
· Application domain knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with
user representatives and be able to work effectively with them.
GALLOP Resources, Inc
1220 N Market Street, Suite 806,
Wilmington, Delaware, 19801
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Auditor Resumes" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to itresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/itresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.