I have QA Engineer position for your consultant, if anyone is available
please share their resume with contact details ASAP.
Role: QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Duration: 6+ months contract
Location: Boston, MA
*Financial *Services Experience
Experince on *MS SQL – SSIS and some Oracle queries on Data warehouse
The QA Engineer is responsible for testing Data Warehouse project / product
deliverables. The products / deliverables work in Performance and
Attribution business areas of Asset Management company. The scope is to
test all building blocks, data flows and subsequent reporting components.
Other testing assignments outside Data Warehouse project may be delegated.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
• Review reporting requirements, data mart requirements, design
specifications and technical documentation in order to write functional
• Analyze all the building blocks of Data Warehouse – Raw Data sources,
Dimensions, Measure, Mappings and collection of these in a Datamart.
Prepare unit test cases to validate all building blocks and dataflow.
• Analyze data flows in SSIS packages using Microsoft Visual Studio to
create dataflow unit test cases.
• Execute Functional and Unit test cases.
• Document defects found during testing, analyze the test data, and
prepare test summary reports. Maintain a defect tracking log.
• Verify defect correction and performs regression tests against the
larger application where appropriate.
• Certify applications for production use.
• Collect and create testing data necessary to run test plans.
• Provide both oral and written status reports.
• Conduct Peer Reviews of test plans and test cases of other QA team
• Assist Release Manager in creating release notes and making the release
available to users.
Bachelor’s degree is required. This person must have 5 to 8 years of
experience working in Quality Assurance preferably in a financial services
company. Proven knowledge of a standard software quality assurance
methodology, components, deliverables, and how these integrate within the
software development lifecycle is required.
• Highly skilled with in depth experience in all aspects of Software
• Data base – a strong database programming skills for testing purposes -
MS SQL or Oracle, specially creating unit test cases to validate Dataware
House building blocks.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft SSIS packages in Microsoft Visual
Studio environment and validating intermediate and final results of data
flows in the package.
• Knowledge of at least one source control tool with preference for
• Microsoft Office suite
• Good experience in financial industry, preferably in asset management
and investment with in depth knowledge of testing Performance Measurements,
• Broad knowledge of technology development, infrastructure and support
• Flexibility in operating within a dynamic highly fluid environment
• Scheduling and time management
The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication
skills, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team
environment. This person should be motivated and able to learn new
Details from Call-
The role is open because they have only one person in their QA Dept and
need some help. This person will be working on one specific project for
the 6 month duration and that is supporting their Client Reporting Group-
helping them with their reporting and portal system in their data
warehouse- will be a lot of updating in the system.
Would like someone who is able to do the full cycle QA- creating test
plans, doing the actual testing, circling back with the client etc. 5-8
years of experience- looking for someone who doesn't need their hand held-
but not someone so senior that they think they already know everything.
Tim Poole | K-Source INC
Direct : 469-213-1614
248-458-1322 ext 222
gtalk : tim.tamm...@gmail.com <t...@tammina.com>|
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.