Hope you are doing great, please let me know if you have suitable
consultant for the below req.
*Project / Portfolio ManagerLocation:Washington, DCF2F is must after first
*Summary :*Seeking a Project / Portfolio Manager who will responsible for
supporting, mentoring and facilitating multiple IT PMs in learning and
adhering to PMO standards and practices as well as using the MS Project
Server (EPM) tool. Candidates will provide expertise in Project Management
best practices and processes, utilizing the PMBOK methodology and assisting
PM’s as required. Overall the Portfolio Manager will be requested to
support budget, schedule and capital call activities at the portfolio level
across multiple programs and projects.
- Provide support, development and mentoring to Project Managers who are
managing technology programs and projects.
- Work "in the trenches" with Project Managers providing training, best
practices and mentoring
- Provide training to Project Managers on policies, procedures and
- Promote and support use of PMO policies, processes and clients’
methodologies and standards. Monitor the effectiveness of the policies and
procedures and make recommendations to improve the overall Project
- Work with Project Managers on producing timely and high quality
project management deliverables following client’s methodologies.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure timely and high quality Budget
management, Schedule management, Scope management, Risk management, Issue
management, Change management, Communication management, Reporting
throughout the project lifecycle .
- Perform audit and quality control of project deliverables and
reporting on progress and quality of the deliverables.
- Support and mentor PMs so they can follow client’s Quality Gate
- Support and mentor PMs so they can follow client’s Budget process and
- Support budget, schedule, resource and capital call activities at the
portfolio level across multiple programs and projects.
- Conduct analysis as part of continuous process improvement activities
- Schedule and bring Projects through the Quality Gate process ensuring
project Managers have produced high quality and fully approved deliverables.
- Deliver all materials required to support budget, schedule, resource
and capital call activities at the portfolio level across multiple programs
- Understanding of Risk / Issues and know the difference between the two
- Must possess the ability to lead, negotiate with and gain buy-in from
all levels of management (assertive), skill levels and personalities.
Strong consulting background.
- Strong communication skills are a necessity. Team player
- Exp in IT Risk, compliance Audit... Risk management and resolvement
- Strong IT Infrastructure background
- Strong skills using Microsoft Project Server (EPM) 2010 and MS Project
Professional 2010. Provide general level support for Project managers who
will be using these tools and assist as necessary.
- Experience with development and review of business cases and
performing financial analysis
- Experience with program and project reporting
- Resources must have eight to thirteen years of hands-on program and
project management experience, including four to six years hands-on project
management experience from project initiation to implementation using
formal project management methodologies and processes.
- Resources must have three to four years’ experience establishing or
working in a PMO for a technology development group.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project Professional 2007/2010 and
experience using MS Project Server (EPM) 2007/2010 and MS SharePoint
- Experience training project managers on project management best
practices as defined in Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Prefer current PMP certification or Graduate Certification but will
consider alternate degree/certification or experience for highly qualified
- Significant experience in technology management, analysis and
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external
stakeholders with evidence of willingness and ability to express and
protect departmental interests.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated effective communicator and writer, able to tailor message
to receiving audience.
- Demonstrated experience supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated and very strong experience using MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Visio.
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire thirteen plus years of hands-on program and project management
experience, including eight plus years’ hands-on project management
experience from project initiation to implementation using formal project
management methodologies and processes.
- Resources must have four plus years’ experience establishing or
working in a PMO for a technology development group.
*Dayanand Sagar K*
Global Information Technology Inc.
eMail : dayanand.sa...@git-org.com
Contact : 215-310-5009 ext 252
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.