Is this an overall OS limit, or an I/O limit? I mean, I can get some pretty
hellacious FTP rates on 100+MB files in transmit, with multiple transfers
going. The MacOS, especially with the changes in 9.0 DOES support some
pre-emptive threads, and you can, (I think) run I/O processes with this. The
OS is a lot better at multitasking than it once was, and the "Mac OS is not
a multitasking operating system so right now that is just not possible."
issue sounds like it needs revisiting.

john