I think I missed the info in this thread, but if there's a way to do
this that's at all possible, I'd like to do so:

When we upgraded our file server, we went from an old 8550 with
built-in "8Gig" DAT tape drive to a G3/450 with an external "40Gig"
DLT drive.

While I'm keeping the 8550 around for approximately 6 months in order
to be able to access an previously backed up material off those DAT
tapes, I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow transfer the
contents of more than one of the DAT tapes to one DLT tape?  (I know
I'll lose the "snapshots", but that's OK for this purpose.)

Or if I'm "transfering between media" am I limited to only doing one
DAT tape to one DLT tape?

Anybody do this sucessfully?

- Steve

Steve Maser ([EMAIL PROTECTED])    | Thinking is man's only basic virtue,
Systems Project Coordinator      | from which all the others proceed.
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering  |
and Applied Mechanics            |                        -- Ayn Rand