Others have already thrown their jabs regarding Dan's comments in respect to
his employer, so I won't bother. But to all of you who say that you can't do
without a hard-copy book, I'd invite you to look into e-books. Check out
<http://www.openebook.org/> and <http://www.ebooknet.com/>. These little
gadgets are nothing to sneer at, and I would suggest that in five years,
we'll all be toting one around. Think of it; storing an entire library
inside a package the size of a paperback book. You can highlight & dogear to
your heart's content, and in non-copyright situations, text can be copied &
exported to other applications. Books can be "checked out" from electronic
libraries, or purchased from web vendors.

Many will balk at this supposed dependence on batteries & gadgets, but in a
way, aren't we all dependent on technology to a degree already? We're in the
throes of a publishing revolution; this is simply a logical extension of
recent technological advances.
David G. Thornton
Mac Systems Manager
CCL Label, Sioux Falls, SD

He that hasteth to be rich shall not be innocent or sure;
but steady perseverance in integrity, if it does not bring riches,
will certainly bring peace.
                        Charles Haddon Spurgeon

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.