There are a couple of appraches you can take.

1.      If you simply double click on a VPC container file, it will mount itself on
the desktop as a regular drive which you can then tinker with to your hearts content
and even backup.  Caveats are that since you are interacting with the drive through
the MacOS, you will see some problems with files who's names exceed 32 characters.
(oh when will I get my OS X?)

2.      Set up the VPC as a PC network client.  Problem:  I've never been able to get
this working locally on a single machine using either the shared IP or independent IP
addressing setup within VPC.  If you have another machine networked to this one, you
can certainly do this properly.

3.      Buy a copy of Retrospect for Windows and backup the VPC container to a file
storageset located in a MacOS shared folder which will be considerably smaller due to
the compression and skipping all the empty space in the PC HD container.  Not optimal,
but functional.

Good luck!

Erik Ableson