Ditto this problem. Except that I can connect to the backup server,
and start to do some operations, but then get disconnected with an
error message: "The remote machine is running an incompatible version
of Timbuktu." OS 8.6 on both machines, with Retro 4.2 Backup Server
running on a B&W G3, and Timbuktu 5.2.2 on both machines. I assumed
it was some other problem (I do the remote admin via a modem dialup
to my ISP, and through a proxy to my network). But maybe the combo of
OS, Retro, and Timbuktu is doing something weird.

Jim Coefield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]