The problems with the Yamaha 4416 and 6416 have been solved by beta firmware
provided by Yamaha. If you purchase one of these drives and need the
firmware update, just contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we can provide you
with it. A final firmware version should be available soon from Yamaha.

Retrospect for Macintosh does not yet support the Yamaha 8424, though
Retrospect for Windows does. I expect that we will eventually be able to
support the 8424 on the Mac since we do under Windows, but of course there
are no guarantees. I unfortunately don't have a timeframe for when to expect
support either, but keep checking back at the compatibility list at

for any updates.

Matthew Tevenan
Dantz Technical Support