First, apologies to the list. I know I've seen this mentioned previously,
but the list archive search engine was down...

I've got a client that wishes to backup directly to a Yamaha CDRW
8424S...actually in a LaCie housing.
I updated to the latest firmware 1.0j, & the system (as well as Toast) sees
the drive on the SCSI bus.

When attempting to do a Retrospect backup, however, a "device not found"
message comes up. In Configure Devices, the initial screen indicates no
backup devices, but Retrospect's SCSI scan mechanism sees the device on the
appropriate ID. In this window, the device is correctly identified, but is
flagged as having no driver.

Could someone point me to a solution to this problem?

TIA,

Bob Humphrey