Well, this isn't *exactly* germain but we've taken a lot of calls in the
past 6 months about the erroneous "file sharing could not be enabled"
message.

It seems to crop up mostly on OS9 computers running multiple users or
networked MM and on laptops when switching locations.  Note that file
sharing is not, has never, nor ever will be enabled on any of these
machines.  Occaisionally, our graphics department gets this message when
inserting or removing rewritable CD's - again filesharing is off.

Not very helpful, I know but at least I figured I let you know you're not
alone.  :-)

Hal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/20/00 01:34 PM