At 3:46 PM -0700 16/6/00, John Spady wrote:
>Is anyone using Retrospect in the OS 9 compatibility window of the OS X
>server to do their backups? The configuration is deemed "not supported" from
>Dantz but they did say that some people have been successful in getting it
>to run anyway.
>I am really looking forward to Dantz's official OS X program... but in the
>meantime, I gotta do my backups! Any thoughts? Thanks folks.

I had the same thoughts about the MacOS on Linux feature of LinuxPPC.
Anyone tried that?

I've given up on MacOS servers, far too flaky and LinuxPPC is a good
option, but I'm stuffed for backups as I'd rather not have to run
another server just for that.

So we need Retro for MacOSX and for Linux (Intel & PPC of course) please.

Ken  G i l l e t t