From: Craig Isaacs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 9:20 AM
To: retro-talk
Subject: RE: Encryption?

> Is it possible to encrypt/password protect the content on the backup
> media? I know that you can encrypt/password protect the network
> transfer from the clients to the server but what about the contents
> of the media?

When you create a new backup set, you can set encryption. Click on the
Secure button.

Note that if your tape drive has hardware compression and you want to
encrypt your backup set, the hardware compression will be disabled
(encrypted data cannot be compressed). Software compression, however, can be
used: first Retrospect compresses and then encrypts the data.

HTH.

Craig